No professional practice experience required

In the following cases you do not have to follow the professional practice experience period ('BEP') in the Netherlands to be registered in the Dutch Architects Register:

- You graduated from a Dutch (master) program before 1 January 2015. Then you can submit a request for registration based on this diploma.

You have a (master) degree in architecture from another EU country and you meet the (additional) requirements of the European Directive 2005/36. Then you probably no longer need to go through a professional practice experience ('BEP') in the Netherlands and you can submit a request for automatic recognition / registration. 

Here you can read which diplomas and certificates are eligible for automatic recognition.

- You have a non-EU diploma combined with demonstrable professional practice experience (with a certificate). You may be eligible for an assessment meeting. You prove your experience with a logbook, PPP, testimonials and followed modules in a meeting with the committee. Mail us at

- If you graduated from one of the Academies for Achitecture you can be enrolled in the Architecten Register. With your application you have to enclose a statement by the exam committee that you meet the end terms of the Regeling Beroepservaringperiode. More information about this can be found at the websites of the Academies.

- Everybody who has not completed professional practice experience, either in the Netherlands or abroad, has to follow the BEP before being able to register in the Architecten Register.