The Architects Registration Bureau (‘Bureau Architectenregister’ or BA in short) is an independent administrative body that is responsible for carrying out the Dutch Architects’ Title Act. The Bureau manages the architects register, and is authorized to act against any unlawful use of title. Furthermore, BA is the competent authority in the Netherlands for the implementation of the European Directive on the recognition of professional qualifications of its subsidiary professions.

If you want to register in the Netherlands, please check this information on our website. 

Information about the professional practice experience, you will find it on our website

If you have any questions, about registration or about your personal account, please don't hesitate to contact us


CPD Calendar










Independent School for the City



Professional traineeship and registration

Most people who have earned a degree from an accredited educational institute must first gain professional experience before being entitled to be registered in the Dutch Architects' Register.

If you are an architect who is trained and qualified for the profession of architect in another EU country, you may qualify for automatic recognition. This means that you don't have to do the professional traineeship in the Netherlands.